Wednesday, October 12, 2011

...so, maybe ballet isn't for us :)

After a LONG day of struggling with behavior, I've come to the conclusion that ballet isn't our strongest gift and we will be trying something different in the spring. We will definitely finish out this year in ballet until its over and then maybe move on to something more ACTIVE! Maybe, soccer or swimming or RUNNING!!! HA!

We are really struggling lately with behavior of not listening. She really showed her feelings towards ballet today by kicking the door with her tap shoes and ripping a sign off the wall in Miss Erica's room. FRUSTRATING!!

I'm really at a loss with her behavior in ballet b/c whats a mom to do, in front of EVERYONE? My neighbors suggested a whipping in public, in front of all her friends. I obviously disagree with that one, so we will stick to ignoring the bad behavior, praising the good....and maybe a little behind swatting in private ;)

Did I ever think I would cause harm to my little girl? NO! But desperate times call for desperate measures lol

We will get through this....

Here are some videos of what she does during ballet (not to mention the really bad stuff)...I can say this much, the girl is pretty funny. I just try to keep a straight face while she does this b/c the other moms are looking :) At least, you can hear them laugh too in the first one.


No comments:

Post a Comment